JOAN MIRO THUMBNAILS


THUMBNAILS

These are my first thumbnails for the city in which I collaborated with the artist Joan Miro. They are inspired by multiple sources including; Miro's work itself, automatic drawing, surrealism and european architecture. This style is a lot different to how I usually work, as it is a lot more expressive and features bright vibrant colours which I rarely include in my work. I tried to combine the sources into each drawing so they wouldn't be a direct copy/ adaptation to his work. I personally like thumbnail 4, as it combines elements of my own style and research. I also wanted it to appear like a normal structure underneath with a steel bars, but then would be taken over by abstraction and colour. This can resemble how automatic drawing would cause the artist to lose control and take over the drawing. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts