INTERIOR SHOT - FINAL DRAWING


INTERIOR SHOT

This is my final design for my interior shot for the city Thekla. I based the drawing inside of one of the construction buildings, as I wanted to add more depth into the builders living conditions and the effect that the construction has on them. I am choosing to make the sky a shade of blue and add stars, which represents the blue prints for the city and adds an strong element of colour to drawings. However, I am not exactly sure what shade to make the sky. I've experimented with various tones and shades but these are the main three which I prefer. 

DARK BLUE



BRIGHTER BLUE




DARK BLUE/GREY



Comments

  1. I think you need to consider some accent colour to make this pop! Take a look at this concept art from The Princess & The Frog...

    https://goo.gl/images/nL9wWt

    I think you need to think about light sources that are a) shining into the front of this scene and b) shining in from the back of the scene - for example, blue 'moonlight' coming in from the back, and the warm light shining in from a lightsource at the front (or lanterns in the scene or so on) - you need to get in there and pick out some details and use colour-as-light to really make this image sing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts