ARMILLA - THUMBNAILS


ARMILLA

These are my first set of thumbnails for the Invisible Cities Project. I started by reading through each passage and taking some notes regarding the materials used and the main focal points of the cities, this allowed me to form a deeper understanding of the atmosphere of each one fully. For this set of thumbnails I decided to choose a brush stroke which I felt linked to the aesthetic the most. The watercolour brush could represent water and moisture the most effectively, so that was the dominant brush used in these drawings. 




Personally I prefer thumbnails 3 and 9, as they feature a good contrast in lighting and depth of field. The majority of the elements described are also included in the drawings.  Thumbnail 2 could have possibly included more detail and reference to the description, but it still acts as a good base structure for the city. 

Comments

  1. LOVE the emphasis on atmosphere in these, Liv - there's a melancholy to these thumbnails I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fact that this city might have mold because of the water is an amazing observation. i'm loving these thumbnails! My favourites are 1, 8 and 12. but they're all great! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty, I love the shapes of the pipes in number 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mood that has been set in these, with all the contrast I especially like thumbnail number 3!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts