MAJOR SUBMISSION 03/06/2021

THE ART OF 'THE SIGNUM'


LIGHTING AND RENDERING


'THE SIGNUM' FINAL FILM


OBJECT TURNAROUNDS


MINOR SUBMISSION


PREMISE SUBMISSION


WRITTEN SUMMARY

‘The Signum’ follows Burton Haines a New York detective in a series of homicides across Tribeca. What seems to be a simple murder at first soon leaves the detective at loose ends. The case becomes public and soon its the talk of the city. A pattern seems to grow among the cases, but before the case is cracked the detective is too late. 

The goal for this project was for me to creative a realistic yet still stylised detective office environment. Within this environment I then had the challenge of telling a story, as didn’t have any physical characters to narrative the story themselves, I instead had to use camera and various animation to tell the narrative. This effected the design of the office and props immensely, everything had to be carefully planned and designed to ensure it demonstrated the intended message correctly. Some shots feature animated geometry and camera movements, while the others are just pure stills. As the film progresses, so does the messiness of the office, representing the crumbling of the detectives mental state as he fails to find person responsible. 

Overall, I would say that I achieved the look and aesthetic style I intended to reach from the start of premise. Although there has been some cutting in the story process, I still think the overall narrative and theme was shown throughout my film.



Comments

Popular Posts