MINOR SUBMISSION

Animatic:


Production Design:



Turnarounds:


Script:

Reflective Statement:

This project for me has been a huge learning curve when it comes to Maya. I have had to model more challenging objects and really focus on the accuracy of the models. Choosing to focus on realism within this project, I have discovered that there is a great amount of technique and work which goes into creating highly realistic scenes. As I hadn’t modelled a great amount of detailed things before in Maya, it took me some time to become familiar with the tools and the capabilities which Maya offer. Following the jet pack jones tutorials last year really helped, although it was a character model I could still apply some of the skills and techniques to this projects models. In doing so I have really become fond of the modelling process, especially when you start to see your environment come to life within a 3D space. 

When it comes to workflow and the productivity of this project, I didn’t quite reach the point which I hoped for. I spent longer on the modelling process than anticipated and possibly wasted time being too picky. As I’m not so confident in UVing this made me push working on them till the end, if I hadn’t of done so I would have been in a much more comfortable stage now. But I’m glad I can say that all of the main models are now complete and can be taken into the texturing process. 

There are still a few tweaks I’d like to make to my story to make it flow nicer and draw it all together, but that is something which I can work on throughout the rest of the pipeline. But overall the Minor project has helped me realise the direction which I hope to follow in my career which is environment design and modelling. 


Comments

Popular Posts