WHAT IF - CONCEPT DRAWING


This is my final concept drawing which combines multiple of my thumbnail designs. When drawing I took most of my inspiration from surrealism, especially for the sky and ground as I wanted there to be a high contrast between the background and the structures. Doing this has caused a slight uneasiness in the drawing, as the two styles don't match completely but surrealism does this. The hero building is the tallest in the composition and is the most complex. I used similar spheres on the surrounding buildings, and tried to balance the colours. Any feedback would be great!


SKETCH


FINAL DRAWING 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! The colour combinations, the trees, the buildings, everything! It's perfect :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me... I think your colours are still too desaturated in comparison with your artist - it's like there's always too much grey mixed into your palette - an underlying sadness/gloom. I'd just like to see some fresh vibrancy in there! Also, I think you need to distinguish the materiality/fabrication of the structures themselves from the trees, because at the moment, everything looks like it's made from the same 'stuff' (i.e. very blended pixels). Take a look at some reference in terms of the construction of the hulls of the big ships for a sense of how you might think about approaching the construction of your 'orbs'...

    https://www.naval-technology.com/projects/b2m-btiment-multi-mission-vessels/attachment/b2m-btiment-multi-mission-vessels4/

    http://adastra.fit.edu/blog/campus/omes/grad-students-aim-to-make-vessels-more-efficient-by-reducing-plant-and-animal-growth-on-ship-hulls/#prettyPhoto/0/

    I'm looking for a much greater sense that these are paintings of objects that are constructed in three-dimensions, as opposed to looking at 'digital drawings' (if that makes sense). That goes for the 'blobbier' elements on the ground too - how are these constructed/plated/covered? You need to know this because it will help you model and texture accordingly :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts